Thank you for visiting the Australian Evidence-Based Clinical Practice Guideline For Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) website (“Site”). The Australian ADHD Professionals Association (“AADPA”, “we”, “our”) is committed to treating the personal and business information of our Site users, members, and vendors with respect and sensitivity.
What Personal Information Do We Collect?
We collect personal information that you enter on our Site or otherwise volunteer to us when you contact us to, among other things, register for Membership or request information. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our services and Site features.
For the purposes of this Policy, “Personal Data” means information (whether stored electronically or in paper-based filing systems) relating to a living individual who can be identified from that data (or from that data and other information in our possession).
Personal Data can be:
- Factual – such as a name, address, email, gender, phone, or date of birth
- Sensitive – such as bank account information, protected health or medical details or information about your education, physical or mental health; or
- Opinion – such as the results of a self-assessment test.
AADPA collects only the Personal Data that is relevant for the purposes for which the data is requested. We do not use your Personal Data in any way that is incompatible with the purposes for which it was collected or for which you have consented.
Information You Give Us
You can visit our Site without telling us who you are or revealing any Personal Data. But in some circumstances, when you contact us through our Site or by corresponding with us by phone, email, or otherwise, we may ask you for, and you may submit, Personal Data including, but not limited to:
- contact information, such as name, address, email, and phone
- financial information, such as credit card and account information collected when you purchase products or services
- identification information, such as gender and date of birth
- self-assessment data and results, such as information you input when taking self-assessment quizzes, and the like
- information about your health, which may be necessary, for example, when participating in some of our live events
- professional personal information such as a resumé or C.V., education history, citizenship information, places of employment, and positions held, as applicable
Additional Personal Data may also be collected when considering an individual for volunteer or paid employment with AADPA.
Information We Collect About You
When you visit our Site, our web server automatically collects and stores the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, referring website address, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), pages on our Site you viewed; page response times, download errors, duration of page visits, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
This information helps us improve our Site and facilitates your online experience when accessing our Site.
Information We Receive From Other Sources
This is the information we receive about you from third parties who operate other Sites or services we use to provide our products and services to you. We work closely with third parties, including, for example, business partners, event organisers and sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, marketing analytics providers, and search information providers.
How We Use Personal Data
For the information you give to us, we will use this information to:
- provide you with the information, products, and services that you request from us;
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us or between you and our promoters, affiliates, or distributors;
- contact you in the future to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer or that are offered by our third-party vendors;
- notify you about changes to our service;
- notify you about changes to downloaded clinical content or guidance provided;
- comply with applicable laws and regulations;
- determine additional AADPA resources, services, or events to recommend to you;
- record details about the products and services you order from us (for training purposes, quality assurance, etc );
- make inquiries about you for credit reference purposes;
- perform data analyses (including anonymization and aggregation of Personal Data);
- to respond to your job application and process your CV (for prospective volunteers and employees)
For information we collect about you, we will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical, and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
For information we receive from other sources:
- We will combine this information with the information you give to us and the information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Do We Share Your Personal Data With Any Third Parties?
We do not sell your Personal Data to any third parties. From time to time, we may partner with third parties to provide some of the services and resources available on our Site and at our events. We may at times disclose your Personal Data to those third parties, and they may from time to time also collect your Personal Data in the first instance and provide it to us.
All such third parties use your Personal Data only on behalf of AADPA and under the strict instructions of AADPA on how your information may be used and processed. AADPA and our partners will use your Personal Data for limited purposes as specified in this Policy. We take reasonable steps to ensure these third parties use your Personal Data only for the purposes for which they have been engaged by AADPA and that they agree to provide protection for your Personal Data that are no less protective than those set out in this Policy.
By visiting our Site or attending our events and sharing your Personal Data, you agree that we have the right to share your personal information with selected third parties, including:
- Sales – business partners, suppliers, and sub-contractors for the purpose of fulfilling requests from you to purchase goods and/or services from our Site or at our events;
- Marketing – business partners, suppliers, and sub-contractors for the purpose of direct marketing of goods and/or services that you may be interested in;
- Cloud services – business partners, suppliers, and sub-contractors that provide cloud storage services;
- Web analytics — analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our site;
- Professional assessment – business partners and sub-contractors who analyze professional information you submit to determine if you are an appropriate candidate for AAPDA membership.
We May Also Disclose Your Personal Information To Third Parties In The Following Circumstances:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your Personal Data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets as part of the purchase, transfer, or sale of services or assets;
- If we sell all or substantially all of our assets to a third party, in which case personal information about our customers will be one of the transferred assets;
Whenever we share information with third parties, we will take steps to ensure that the third parties put in place adequate measures to safeguard your Personal Data, and they will be required to use any Personal Data for only the intended purpose for which it was shared.How We Store Your Personal Data
AADPA uses reasonable and appropriate measures to protect your Personal Data from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction, taking into due account the risks involved in the processing undertaken and the nature of the Personal Data we collect. We will keep your personal data for as long as we need it, or as otherwise prescribed by law, for the purposes set out above. This period will vary depending on your interactions with us. We may also keep a record of correspondence with you (for example, if you have made a complaint) for as long as is necessary to protect us from a legal claim.
You may unsubscribe from any of our online e-mail updates and marketing by following the unsubscribe instructions in the footer of any email message we have sent to you. We will take commercially reasonable steps to implement your unsubscribe requests promptly, but you may still receive information from us by mail for up to 60 days and up to 10 days by email. You may also continue to receive information from those third parties to whom we have previously disclosed your Personal Data.
When you unsubscribe from our electronic communications, we will keep a record of your email address to ensure we do not send you emails in future. Please note that unsubscribing from all email communication may result in you not being made aware of critical resources, features or information that may be of benefit to you.
Access Other Websites
We are not responsible for the privacy practices of any third parties or the content of linked sites, although we do encourage you to read the applicable privacy policies and terms and conditions of such parties or websites.
Protecting Children’s Privacy
We are strongly committed to protecting the safety and privacy of children who visit our Site. Our Site is not designed nor is it intended to be used by children under 13, and we do not knowingly collect personal information online from children under 13. Our Site includes content that we believe to be unsuitable for children under 13, and we encourage all parents to talk to their children about online safety and monitor their children’s Internet use.
Last Updated: April 2023